Sunday, July 22, 2007

self organization

while i wait for a phone call today - i'd like to put you up on something that i find very cool.

pocketmod which is a very handy website for those of us who are becoming more and more obsessed with maximizing our time.

after my life change - i've become slowly more and more obsessed with saving more time. wondering things like - if i can do this on my pda while i'm on the way to such and so place - will that help? should i make notes to follow while standing in line at the grocery store?

for me it has much less to do with being productive - i hate that term - it's almost as if while i'm in my personal life i have to think about things like workflow, i mean it's my personal life.

so, if it's not about 'being productive' (as if this were still the industrial revolution you know?) then what is it?

it's about maximizing my personal time so that i can have things done and still have time to kick back, spend time with my wife and make sure that we're not spending all of our time doing the 'essentials' required for living life.

because one of those essentials is 'getting things done so you can relax.'

No comments: