Friday, February 16, 2007

more digital media

i remember comic books quite fondly.

what i don't like about them now is this - they cost way to much for the pretty pictures and the rather overblown storylines. my dad called comicbooks soap operas and he was right but who cares - give me ororo monroe, charles xavier, peter parker, jean grey and the like (along with that brit constantine and his wry smile and trickster ways).

i don't like the price. let me repeat myself.

however, marvel online has done something marvelous (pun intended). what you get with a free email subscription is the chance to read select issues free. it's a randomn grab bag of goodness.

for example, the movie based on the 'ghost rider' comic is out this weekend. since it was held back from the critics i'll not be holding my breath on expecting it to be a great work of art. i just hope that it's at least true to the story. that's really all any comic fan wants. the special effects, the acting, the costumes in 'x-men' was nothing compared to the relief of seeing characters that i had grown up with matching on screen what my mental image of them was over the years.

marvel online

No comments: